Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Our New Years Eve plans went away so we stayed home, ate crab, watched the last Dollhouse we had on DVR and then looked in our Hoyle book of games for a two player card game. We tried Seven Up - not too much fun. We used to look for 2 player games when we were first married but it has been a long time since there has been a need. We were in bed by 10:30, just like normal. I was just fine with that.

Today I finished the last of the Carolina Christmas blocks. 48 red and gold blocks and 52 green and red blocks, now I just have to put them together. I also started a new project, I broke down and got some used mens shirts to cut up and use the fabric. I need to make a quick quilt for a son in law who has a birthday this week and I thought this would make a masculine quilt. I found the shirts for $1.00 on sale at Thrift Town so the price was right. There is a bit of labor involved in cutting them apart but I can do that while watching TV at night - having something to do keeps me awake.

I have a list of projects waiting to be completed this month so I have lined everything up in the baby guest room and I can just go in and grab the next one. Yesterday I finished 5 shrugs for bridesmaids in a wedding tomorrow. As always the Carolina Christmas sewing is my reward for doing something else so now I have to work on the shirt quilt before putting the blocks together.

No comments: