Monday, January 25, 2010

What a Productive Week

Sometimes having a lot of projects in process can get you down, that has been the case for me.  I have had 2 quilts just waiting for borders and then I added another one and that was the straw that broke the camels back.  I do not like adding borders- all that measuring, cutting long strips and then dealing with the whole big thing.  I made this past week border week and I now have 3 quilts with finished borders!  I decided I might as well get the backings ready too because that is no fun either.  As I was doing all of this I realized that my least favorite quilting tasks all begin with the letter B - borders, backing, basting, and binding.  I think I need to adjust my attitude because those steps are a very big part of quilting! 


Since I got so much done this week I rewarded myself with starting a new project so my design wall has the beginnings of a jelly roll quilt.  I have never used a jelly roll before but I wanted to try it so here is what I have so far.  Not too exciting but I decided to divide the roll by color and see what that does for me.  This may stay on the wall for awhile since this will be a busy week but at least it is a start.

2 comments:

Teaquilts said...

We must be twins! I don't like "B" tasks either. I agree that an attitude adjustment is in order. When you figure out what that is, let me know. :0)

Quilter Kathy said...

I don't love the border production either, but I love the other B tasks :)
Good idea to reward yourself for completing the steps you don't enjoy and a new project sounds like just the thing!