Wednesday, December 31, 2008

On the Seventh Day of Christmas

A stocking with seven things on it


It is really getting hard to come up with things I did for Christmas to fit the theme so this might be considered a bit of a stretch but I made the new baby a stocking with 7 little decorations on it. This is not the first I have made nor will it be the last. We have a stocking tradition in our family. My grandma made my brother and I a felt stocking with little felt decorations on it. When I got married I asked my mom to make one for my husband and so a tradition was born. I have updated the process bit because I use my embroidery machine to decorate them instead of hand sewing little felt images on but the end result is another stocking for a family member - we are up to 12 now.

No comments: