I got the first package in the mail today, on its way to California, only three more to mail. I need to go finish my mothers gift and then make some peanut brittle for my father in law and then I can package them up and send them out.
As I put all of the gifts in a priority box and everything fit with room to spare I felt kind of bad that there wasn't more. So I had to remind self that:
- some gifts are being shipped directly
- my son in law will be getting a t shirt quilt but first he has to give me the shirts
- they live in an apartment
- they already own every toy known to man
- the baby has plenty of hand me down clothes from her sister
- big sister and mom have a birthday in January and I have gifts for that already
So I made some little things for the girls, got a "?" for their mom and dad's will have to come later. Why do I feel guilty? What makes us think that it isn't Christmas without lots of stuff? I really am trying to get over this because I certainly do not need stuff for the sake of stuff. Those days are over for me.